The charter sets the direction for the school and identifies the priorities the board expects the principal to be leading.
The Education Act requires every school's board of trustees to:
- prepare and maintain a charter
- send a reviewed and updated charter to the Ministry of Education every year.
The charter is the key planning document for our school. It includes strategic aims and annual plans which:
- reflect the goals and aspirations our community has for our school and our students for the next 3–5 years
- outline how our school is implementing the government's priorities as set out in the National Education Guidelines and the National Administration Guidelines
- identify the key areas our board will focus on, both in the longer term and the coming year, to improve the progress and achievement of all of our students.